Invest in podcast advertising to reap the benefits of the constantly evolving medium. The more time you let slip by, the more this advertising space is dominated by other brands. Now is the time to advertise and gain market share.
Here are four reasons why this is a valuable space for brands:
1. Targeted Reach: Podcasts are extremely targeted, which can be huge for brands looking to reach a certain customer segment. Brands that tune into popular podcasts can get access to a passionate group of listeners who are more likely to pay attention and remember their messages.
2. Lasting Brand Impressions: Unlike traditional methods of advertising, podcast ads are not quickly forgotten or ignored. Listeners pay more attention to host-read podcast ads, and they're more likely to remember the brand, making it a great investment for long-term brand recall.
3. Cost Efficient: Podcast advertising is much more cost-effective than other types of advertising and can be an invaluable asset for small businesses. Brands of any size can benefit from podcast advertising as it offers great ROI and can be an excellent way to drive conversion.
4. Loyal Audience: Listening to podcasts is a personalized experience and it often leads to forming a deep connection with the host and content on the show. As such, podcast advertising offers an opportunity for brands to establish a loyal and trusting relationship with their audience.
Overall, podcast advertising is an ideal option for brands regardless of size. It offers targeted reach, lasting brand impressions, cost efficiency, and loyal relationships with the listeners making it one of the most effective channels of advertising today.
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Invest in podcast advertising to reap the benefits of the constantly evolving medium. The more time you let slip by, the more this advertising space is dominated by other brands. Now is the time to advertise and gain market share.
Monday, November 13, 2023
Set clear goals and expectations for how you will elevate a brand. For example, with our host-read ads on TWiT, to make a campaign successful, we need to know if our clients are re-targeting the traffic we are sending to their website (with Google Ads, social media ads, other pods/TV/radio ads and anywhere else they are advertising). We are a pipeline, not a sales team for each brand. When we are sending qualified traffic their way, it's up to their sales team to ultimately convert our fans into their customers with a compelling offer.
Once you have established that your client is also promoting their services/products on other platforms, you can focus on boosting performance with podcast host-read ads. Remember that podcasts are on-demand. Podcasts are downloaded when fans want to listen, and ads are not heard simultaneously. The expectation that one podcast ad can take up to eight weeks to reach its entire impact is standard. Brands need to have patience when leveraging podcast ads.
Brands must be educated that podcast ads take time and they also build trust. If you don't set this expectation, brands will come back to complain soon after a podcast ad drops. Host-read podcast ads work because audiences listening already trust the host and expect them to deliver ads they want to hear about with high integrity.
Brands, please remember podcast ads take time. Just because a fan downloaded an episode doesn't mean they listened to it immediately. If you want to work with our partnership team here at TWiT, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and our team will reach out.
Thursday, November 9, 2023
I enjoyed chatting with Ryan Smith, our VP of Partnerships at TWiT.tv, on my Host Read Ads podcast. I can tell you this: he is a true podcasting guru with over a decade of experience in the field. I want to share his knowledge and insights from our conversation.
One key point Ryan emphasized was the importance of testing. I admit trying new things can be nerve-wracking. But, as Ryan wisely said, "You don't know what you don't test." So, the real challenge lies in overcoming those fears, testing at least three episodes, and seeing what resonates with audiences.
But here's the catch: it's not about randomly trying everything simultaneously. Ryan recommends focusing on a specific area or audience for your tests. Understanding who you're speaking to and what they want to hear is crucial. Once you have that clarity, only then can you start broadening your reach.
Patience, my friends, is another crucial ingredient. Brands shouldn't rush to conclusions after releasing just one or two episodes. Building trust with your audience takes time, and the payoff is worth it.
Ryan also shared some insightful thoughts on the need to step outside the box when choosing content. He even illustrated how looking beyond the obvious can yield surprising results.
His point was clear - if you're not testing new shows, you're not growing. And let's face it, who wants to be stuck in a rut, right? The main takeaway here is that it's crucial for brands not to solely stick to what's already been successful. We should be pushing the boundaries and testing new waters.
I won't sugarcoat it: navigating the world of podcast advertising can sometimes feel like a wild roller-coaster ride - so let's ride it together! And with Ryan's insights, our advertising partners are more equipped to succeed than ever.
Here's to more testing, learning, and podcasting success! I can't wait for you to listen to Part 1 and Part 2 of our interview episodes and the valuable insights that can revolutionize your brand's podcast strategy.
If you have any questions or comments for Ryan or me, please email at email@example.com. We love hearing from you!
Wednesday, November 8, 2023
Here are four more reasons why brands should go direct:
1. Podcast advertising works because audiences trust their hosts. Brands must build trust - you cannot buy it. Brands cannot expect to receive quality advice from agencies, primarily because they need to communicate with podcast networks, and they don't. Agencies focus on scale, and networks focus on success. Want to win now? Contact networks and stop working with agencies.
2. Brands can save a lot of money by moving away from traditional agencies that take a cut of ad buys. Brands should hire someone in-house for podcast advertising. I recommend considering someone who has worked at an agency or understands podcasting advertising. Agencies focus on volume buys, and brands should be with partners who care about their success.
3. There is zero communication between agencies and networks on how podcast ads are doing for brands. Agencies need to pay attention to our recommendations, and they refuse to listen. They need to communicate when campaigns are underway, as the only feedback we receive is when their clients cannot convert the traffic we send to their websites. They disregard ad tech, time, and frequency. This has increasingly worsened over the last few years and is why 65% of our business is direct. We care about the brands we sign just as much as the audience we introduce them to.
4. Remember the old saying, "You Get What you Paid for?" The same applies to buying podcast ads. When a brand works with an agency that does not communicate with networks and only uses Request-For-Proposals (RFPs) as a convoluted vetting system, you get what you paid for. What worked for Brand X may not work for Brand Y. Communication is critical for proper brand growth, and it's missing with agencies.
Here at TWiT.tv, we only improve our communication processes with brands and continue to research and apply best practices. We don't want clients. We want partners.
TWiT.tv is one of the original B2B influencers. Brands have been partnering with influencers for years, promoting B2C products & services with great effectiveness. Today, brands are now focusing on influencers to promote B2B products/services.
Brands know there are several ways to promote B2B, including social media, content marketing, newsletters, email, paid search, organic search, and streaming TV/podcasts. We've said it before, and we'll say it again: you need multiple touchpoints to gain conversions. B2B typically needs more touchpoints than B2C, especially if the service is complex.
Here at TWiT.tv, we offer host-read ads. Here are the three reasons why our hosts are highly effective B2B influencers.
1. Our hosts eat, live, & breathe tech. They are technology broadcast journalists OR experts in their field because it's required for the show. They deliver the ads with full knowledge of the product/service & understand how it works with a personal or implied endorsement.
2. Our host-read ads are authentic and longer than a minute. Our hosts take the time to cover all the features and benefits, provide testimonials on how it works for others, and they take their time to provide a proper introduction to their audience. They do not rush.
3. Our fans trust our hosts. 85% of our tech-savvy audience made a purchase based on a TWiT ad.
TWiT.tv has been around since 2005, and our B2B ad reads continually stand out. As one of the original B2B influencers, our network always delivers for our partners.
If you are interested in advertising with TWiT.tv because you want the gold standard in podcast advertising, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can help you achieve your goals.
Tuesday, November 7, 2023
As a savvy business leader, you must understand that marketing strategies constantly evolve. One rising trend in the industry is the growing significance of B2B influencers.
B2B promotion strategies, such as social media, content marketing, and email, unravel the complexities that make B2B marketing unique compared to B2C marketing. As an original B2B influencer, the partnership team at TWiT.tv holds incomparable insights from personal experiences.
Our unique Host Read Ads format provides an authentic, personal endorsement of products or services. You'll gain an edge in the competitive B2B market, understanding why multiple touchpoints are vital for conversions. By working with our network, your brand will be better equipped to stand out in the B2B marketplace. Plus, 88% of TWiT listeners are involved in their company's tech/IT decisions, which means you are reaching decision-makers.
Brands have been partnering with influencers for years, promoting B2C products and services with great effectiveness. Today, brands are focusing on influencers to promote B2B products and services. Here at TWiT, we are one of the original B2B influencers, and we know how to set your brand apart from the rest.
Ready to unlock the potential of B2B influencers and transform your marketing strategies? Dive in and get ready to revolutionize your approach to B2B marketing. Contact us at email@example.com if you want the gold standard in podcast advertising. We help brands thrive and meet their goals by listening to your needs.
Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Today, I want to talk about the importance of patience and the power of effective strategies in podcast advertising. My podcast, Host Read Ads, aims to guide brands and agencies on how to get the most out of their podcast ad placements. I will take you through a journey of understanding the importance of patience in podcast advertising and how it may take up to 12 touchpoints to convert a lead into a sale.
It's common for advertisers to cancel their ad placements prematurely, often not giving the ads a chance to leave a lasting impression. This is a huge mistake. The sphere of podcast advertising is unique and requires a different approach than TV or radio ads. We're dealing with on-demand content, and not every listener tunes in simultaneously.
In the current advertising landscape, it's estimated that it can take at least 12 touchpoints to convert a lead into a sale. For those unfamiliar with the term, 'touchpoints' refer to the various interactions a potential customer has with your brand or product before they make a purchasing decision. This means that brands must exercise patience and persistence in their advertising strategy.
However, too many agencies are not only canceling ad placements prematurely but are also failing to educate their clients about the unique demands of podcast advertising. I've seen agencies cancel contracts two weeks after the first ad drop, citing ineffective results. This premature cancellation doesn't just fail to give the ad enough time to make an impact. It's also a waste of resources.
To combat this, I suggest implementing five essential tools to measure the impact of your podcast ad campaign effectively:
1. Create a dedicated landing page or offer code unique to the podcast you're advertising on.
2. Use ad tech to track who downloaded the podcast containing your ad and how many visitors ended up on your website.
3. Measure the increased traffic to your website. Some podcast fans use VPNs to opt out of tracking, so this metric can give you an indirect measure of your ad's reach.
4. Review downloads regularly. Podcast ads take time to deliver all advertising impressions, and listeners need time to act.
5. Use post-purchase surveys. Especially for B2B products or services, the person hearing the ad may not be making the purchase.
Finally, the key to successful podcast advertising is patience. It's all about fostering trust with the audience and setting clear expectations. So let's revolutionize your podcast advertising strategy together, and remember - podcast advertising isn't just about immediate returns; it's a long-term investment with the right audience.
By revolutionizing your podcast advertising strategy, you can maximize your reach, engage your target audience, and convert listeners into loyal customers. Remember, the key to success in podcast advertising lies in understanding its unique dynamics and leveraging them effectively. Happy advertising!
Thursday, September 21, 2023
Are you looking to take your podcast advertisements to the next level? If so, we at TWiT.tv are here to share invaluable insights on creating captivating ad copies and harnessing the power of host-read ads. With Nielsen's study as a testament, host-read podcast ads outshine voice ads in performance every time. In this blog, we will explore the secrets behind this winning strategy.
Host-read ads hold the power of personalization. It allows the hosts to interweave their thoughts into the ad, enhancing the message's authenticity. This strategy resonates with the audience who appreciate the genuineness of the ad read. It is a proven fact that podcast audiences are highly engaged and that host-read ads result in 50% higher purchase power, according to Nielsen.
Beyond the ad copy, the importance of delving into the brand's story surpasses all else. In today's fast-paced world, the stories behind the brands often go unnoticed. However, sharing your brand's backstory and effectively communicating your product's features and benefits in an ad can make a huge difference. The idea is to educate your audience about your brand, enabling them to make informed decisions.
Moreover, setting your brand apart in a crowded market space can be challenging. Focus on what makes your product or service unique - superior features, cost-effectiveness, exceptional customer service, or ease of use. Highlighting these points can help your brand stand out and give people a reason to choose you over others.
TWiT's partnership team holds a treasure trove of insights and strategies for making your podcast advertising successful. Whether you are a novice or an expert in podcast advertising, our tips will prove invaluable.
If you want to advertise your brand and explore the gold standard in podcasting, do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always ready to have a conversation and guide you in your podcast advertising journey.
So tune in, gather all the tools you need, and let's take your podcast advertising to new heights!
Friday, September 8, 2023
One of the things we are most proud of is Club TWiT. With exclusive access to our hosts, Club TWiT is filled with the best and brightest of our fans. Our Club has close to 10,000 people, and if you consider what's what - our Club is in the top 3-4% of exposure. Occasionally, we will turn on our live stream for club shows so everyone can get a free peek into what we offer at Club TWiT. Episodes are posted only to the Club feed, so members are the only ones with access. We love creating new content exclusively for our Club members!
Saturday, September 2, 2023
Host-read ads are superior to voice talent ads in podcast advertising. My podcast, Host-Read Ads was created about a year ago to educate brands about this.
Spotify admits that host-read ads outperform other ads due to the audience's emotional connection and trust in the host. As podcast advertising gained popularity, host-read ads became advertisers' preferred format, however, voice talent podcast ads (read by actors and producers) have become increasingly popular with agencies.
According to Nielsen, host-read podcast ads drive strong brand recall and outperform voiced ads every time. It's been well documented that podcast audiences are among the most engaged there are, and much of that reflects the hosts. Purchase power is 50% higher with host-read ads.
Here are three reasons why you need to prioritize networks that offer host-read ads over voice talent ads:
1. The audience prefers to hear the ad read from the host, not from someone else. Listeners will pay closer attention to a host-read ad.
2. A host-read ad is more effective in creating an emotional connection with the audience because they trust the host with content, so they will trust the host with an ad read.
3. A longer interstitial host-read ad allows hosts to tell an engaging story about the brand, including testimonials, features and benefits, and a compelling reason why a listener would want to consider the brand. This drive conversions.
Brands may want to scale with voice talent ads due to their generally lower cost, however they are not equal to host-read ads in response or pricing.
Listen to my host-read ads podcast about this: Podcast Host-Read Ads Outperform Voice Talent Ads
Thursday, August 31, 2023
1. Is your brand in a crowded space? Brands need to be aware of their competition and decide if they want to take on established business clientele OR go after new business. It is important to think about your strategy and identify who you want to target before looking for podcast networks to advertise with. Brands must identify specifically who they want to reach - industry, job title, company size, etc.
2. What sets your product/service apart from competitors? Focus on case studies, the features, and the benefits of why your product/service can be trusted - will it save time, money, clients, and more? If you think your brand is the best, you must deliver this to podcast audiences.
3. Give podcast audiences time to test your product/service OR offer a discount. Examples: 30-day free trial, 10% off an annual purchase, 3 months free with an annual purchase, 30% off your first order, and 10% off thereafter, etc. Be sure your CTA is compelling AND something you can live with for a long time, or be explicit on how long the sale will be for. Be generous, it will pay off tenfold when purchasers recall your brand.
Brands need to spend identifying who their target client is and what they want to say to them before buying podcast ads.
TWiT.tv has been around since 2005, and we help our partners meet their growth goals. If you are interested in advertising with us because you want the gold standard in podcast advertising, then please email email@example.com, and we can chat about your goals.
Monday, August 14, 2023
It's imperative to set brand expectations before starting a podcast campaign. In 2023, you can consume content in almost any format you want. While old media was fairly limited, today, there are numerous ways to consume information in any format you choose; podcasts, social media, online print & audio. Hardly anyone is consuming the same content, let alone the same way. The Internet has caused us to become a fragmented society, making it a challenge for brands to reach exactly who they want.
The first point to make when meeting with a brand is to set advertising expectations. Explore what marketing efforts they are doing now and understand where they came from. What have they done in the past that was successful? What wasn't successful? Is what's active now working for them? Do a deep dive into past and existing advertising campaigns because you'll need to qualitatively understand the brand's efforts to date.
It takes an average of 8 touchpoints to close a sale. If a brand wants to start a podcast campaign but does nothing else to market the brand, the campaign won't be successful, no matter who they partner with. Multiple platforms should be used in parallel with multiple marketing tools to reach the target audience, but they have to be the appropriate platforms. Spreading out marketing dollars without the right frequency and proper platforms will waste advertising dollars. Therefore, your first call with a new brand needs to be exploratory. Find out their pain points and focus on solving their growth goals before discussing campaign ideas.
Friday, August 11, 2023
Here are the critical differences between host-read and dynamic ad insertion ads: Host-read ads are delivered by our broadcast journalist hosts during live shows, so each read is guaranteed to be unique every time. Our hosts provide insights, experience, and a personal or implied brand endorsement. Our goal is to further educate our fans about the sponsor's products and services and how they will benefit them directly. Because our fans trust our hosts, they genuinely listen to what hosts say about a product or service. You simply cannot buy trust, and since our host-read ads are done live, our partners receive live impressions for free, and our live recordings go into reruns, which means we serve additional free ads that our partners did not pay for. And you do not get this with DAI on our network. DAI ads are producer-read ads inserted directly into our shows in post-production. They are fifteen, thirty, or sixty seconds long and are always within these ranges. They are served until the promised download number is reached. DAI costs less than host-read ads, BUT they do not have the audience's trust. Both ads work, depending on what a client is looking for. DAI helps with global awareness, while host-read provides a story about the brand and helps solidify conversions. I recommend that our clients utilize both, as it takes multiple touchpoints to convert a fan, and the more ways you can reach people, the better. Here at TWiT.tv, we care about brand goals and focus on what it takes to help them grow. If you are interested in working with us because you want the gold standard in podcast advertising, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will set up a time to chat about your growth goals.
Friday, August 4, 2023
When the pandemic first hit in 2020, TWiT.tv lost 60% of its advertising partners in two weeks. As an ad-supported network offering only host-read ads, we quickly realized we were one-dimensional.
Fast forward to 2023, we have added DAI in the form of Advertisecast to sell our residual open audio inventory. Plus, we have diversified our host-read ad inventory by allowing agencies to book small test campaigns to complement their testing phase with new clients.
We approve categories for DAI, and all ads are inserted into our audio feeds by Advertisecast. These ads are 15, 30, or 60 seconds long, producer read ads or commercials. And they can geotarget and are in several countries.
Since 65% of our host-read ads are currently with direct partners. We prefer to partner with direct businesses because having a working relationship with the partner is always better than working through an agency.
Because we have two decades of experience, we find that agencies churn through staff and have representatives who need to learn their brands better. We pride ourselves on openly communicating with our partners and working closely with them to set up campaigns for success. We also ensure over-delivery so our partners never feel their marketing dollars were wasted. We know that pure volume buys only produce satisfactory results. How can anyone build a proper campaign when they do not speak with networks and ignore best practices for tracking campaigns.
If you are interested in our process, which starts with a conversation about your growth goals and needs, please reach out to email@example.com, and let's chat.
Tuesday, July 18, 2023